REAL TALK HURTS FAKE PEOPLE

do you...don't worry about what others are doing.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Christian Voting& You can vote however you like!& WASSUP 2008

In my spare time I go on www.politico.com and I read some of the political blogs on there...there is usually some interesting stuff. On October 27, 2008 I was reading Ben Smith's blog (recommended) and he had a video that was put out by the Democratic Christian Radio group Matthew 25 which was defending Obama's Christianity. I was surprised to see that a lot of conservative (obviously) christians liken a vote for McCain to a vote for Christ or God's will. So me being me, I had to respond to these quotes and here is what I said in response to that idea:

I hear a lot of interesting comments coming from a lot of people on this page. Number 1: No CHRISTian should be a registered member of a political party. The only person we should be answering to is God and not any particular party's agenda. To suggest that any party is fulfilling or concerned with the will of God is LUDICROUS. These men, on either side of the fence will do what it takes to get elected, whether Christ agrees with it or not. No 2: To say that voting for McCain is a vote for Jesus is borderline blasphemous. What is his policy for the poor or the "least of these" that Jesus emphasized while he walked this earth. What is his policy to ensure healthcare for our children and those who cannot afford to ensure themselves? I'm not seeing the similarities to Jesus. No. 3: To say that we should not have policies that tolerate people that do not believe as we do is also not biblical. The Bible does say thou shall not kill, steal, etc. and God is a just God. But just as the adulterer that Jesus forgave in the Gospels, we should not strive to ostracize people who do wrong. So if you call yourself a Christian, look at the life of Jesus and see how he handles all different types of situations. Then see whose OVERALL policy aligns most closely to the life of Christ and that is how you should vote...period.

I just had to get that off my chest! Let me know what you guys think about this with some comments, and by the way, I had to end off with a hilarious video. All i'll say is, YOU CAN VOTE HOWEVER YOU LIKE!


This is another hilarious but deep video, watch it till the end or you wont get it.

No comments: